This course will run on Friday 19th January and Friday 26th January 2024, 9:00-13:00 (please note: you must attend both sessions in order to be able to become certified carbon literate).
Fashion Declares & REAL Sustainabilty are offering a rich and practice-based Carbon Literacy Training course, certified by The Carbon Literacy Project to people working in fashion brands and retailers.
The course is a full 8 hour day of learning, split over two Friday mornings and available online for £95. This includes the costs of the certification.
This will be led by two experienced sustainable fashion practitioners and will be highly participative with lots of useful tools and a lot of fun! You will be required to make two pledges, an individual action pledge and a group action pledge to embed your learning and action to qualify for certification.
The course is divided into four modules, two will be covered each morning. They do not require the learner to have any sustainability experience, although two hours of homework will be expected before the course starts. We do advise that you are working in Fashion or fashion retail as the course contents is tailored for this audience. If you are a designer, buyer, merchandiser, work in logistics, marketing, finance or retail this course will start your journey in decarbonising your role and organisation and leading genuine sustainability action. Students studying fashion will also find this course highly engaging.
Facilitated by both or either:
- Safia Minney MBE, Founder & Director, Fashion Declares, REAL Sustainability
- Debbie Luffman, Director, ThinkCircular, former Product Director, Finisterre
What you’ll learn
- Module 1 covers : 1) Climate change and its impacts 2) Action not despair 3) Carbon footprint overview.
- Module 2 covers : 1) Legislation & Regulation 2) Fashion’s Carbon Footprint 3) Benefits of climate action now.
- Module 3 covers : 1) Personal carbon footprint 2) How to reduce fashion’s carbon footprint? Getting technical 3) Assessing your baseline & case studies
- Module 4 covers : 1) Action Planning 2) Communicating climate change 3) Wrap up & pledges
We expect that this will help to build and strengthen your work in sustainability and support your leadership in this area.